DiSC profiles explained: i is for Influence
If you've recently taken the DiSC® profile, your report has a more personalized explanation of what having an i style means for you than what is presented here. But this can be a fun page to link to and have others learn a bit more about you. Or you can use it to better understand someone you work or live with.
People with the i style place an emphasis on shaping the environment by influencing or persuading others.
A person with an i style
- may be limited by being impulsive and disorganized and having lack of follow-through
- is described as convincing, magnetic, enthusiastic, warm, trusting and optimistic
- prioritizes taking action, collaboration, and expressing enthusiasm
- is motivated by social recognition, group activities, and relationships
- may fear loss of influence, disapproval and being ignored
- values coaching and counseling, freedom of expression and democratic relationships
Will need to expend more energy to:
- victory with flair
- friendship and happiness
- authority and prestige status symbols
- follow-through completely
- research all the facts
- speak directly and candidly
- stay focused for long periods
When communicating with the i style individual, share your experiences, allow the i style person time to ask questions and talk themselves, focus on the positives, avoid overloading them with details, and don't interrupt them.
DiSC Classic Patterns: Promoter, Persuader, Counselor, Appraiser
Leadership styles: Energizing, Pioneering, Affirming
From our blog: Understanding our i-style colleagues and friends
From our Pinterest site: DiSC i style
Interested in taking the test yourself?
Much more is available to someone who has completed a DiSC profile. Popular DiSC tests include:
DiSC Classic 2.0
Everything DiSC Workplace
Everyhing DiSC Productive Conflict
Everything DiSC Work of Leaders
Everything DiSC Management
Everything DiSC Sales
What about the other DiSC styles?