DiSC® is the leading personal assessment tool used by over 1 million people every year to improve work productivity, teamwork and communication.
The DiSC profile is a non-judgemental tool used for discussion of people's behavioral differences. If you participate in a DiSC program, you'll be asked to complete a series of questions that produce a detailed report about your personality and behavior.
The DiSC model provides a common language that people can use to better understand themselves and adapt their behaviors with others - within a work team, a sales relationship, a leadership position, or other relationships.
DiSC profiles help you and your team:
- Increase your self-knowledge: how you respond to conflict, what motivates you, what causes you stress and how you solve problems
- Improve working relationships by recognizing the communication needs of team members
- Facilitate better teamwork and teach productive conflict
- Develop stronger sales skills by identifying and responding to customer styles
- Manage more effectively by understanding the dispositions and priorities of employees and team members
- Become more self-knowledgeable, well-rounded and effective leaders
What does DiSC stand for? What do the letters mean?
Person places emphasis on accomplishing results, the bottom line, confidence
- Sees the big picture
- Can be blunt
- Accepts challenges
- Gets straight to the point
Person places emphasis on influencing or persuading others, openness, relationships
- Shows enthusiasm
- Is optimistic
- Likes to collaborate
- Dislikes being ignored
Person places emphasis on cooperation, sincerity, dependability
- Doesn't like to be rushed
- Calm manner
- Calm approach
- Supportive actions
Person places emphasis on quality and accuracy, expertise, competency
- Enjoys independence
- Objective reasoning
- Wants the details
- Fears being wrong
Popular DiSC Profiles
Everything DiSC Workplace
Everything DiSC Productive Conflict
Everything DiSC Work of Leaders
Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders
Everything DiSC Management
Everything DiSC Sales
DiSC Classic 2.0
View DiSC profile report samples
The DiSC profile questionnaire
The DiSC assessment is easy to take. With the newer Everything DiSC profiles, people are responding to a phrase instead of a single word.
Get more information about the questionnaires
How is DiSC used?
Our customers include Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, non-profits, government agencies, educational institutions, churches, leadership coaches, HR consultants, health care centers, financial institutions, building trades, and individuals. They find DiSC an easy-to-understand and effective tool to:
- Build productive teams
- Develop effective managers, supervisors, leaders
- Train a powerful sales force
- Improve customer service
- Help with change and conflict management
- Assist in hiring, recruiting, placement, promotion, outsourcing
- Enhance the counseling or coaching experience
- All DiSC styles and priorities are equally valuable. We are all a blend of all four styles.
- Your work, management and leadership styles are also influenced by other factors such as life experiences, education, and maturity.
- Gaining a better understanding of yourself is the first step to becoming more effective when working with others.
- Learning about the DiSC styles of other people you work or live with can help you understand their priorities and how they differ from your own.
- You can improve the quality of your workplace, place of worship, home or other locations by using DiSC to build more effective relationships.
A little history
The initial DISC model comes from Dr. William Marston, a physiological psychologist, in a book entitled Emotions of Normal People, published in 1928. He did not create an instrument from his theory, but others did. That's why you might discover other DISC tests in the marketplace. So be sure to look for the lowercase i in DiSC® to be sure you're looking at the assessment tool researched, validated, and published by Wiley.
DiSC profile descriptions
Introduction to Everything DiSC Workplace